Sunday, July 17, 2011

Mango Jam

Last Monday, my teacher in Purchasing assigned us to make a Mango Jam for our Prelim exams. Meaning, we will not have out written exam rather we'll have our Jam as our exam. At first I was planning to make a strawberry jam. I searched almost 3 days in order for me to get the best Strawberry Jam tutorial. But, I ended up making a Mango Jam instead. Ingredients are not that complicated. I got my recipe from my friend, who also tried to make one. Here's my procedure:


Ingr.:
3 ripe mangoes
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup mango nectar
1 tsp gelatine

Procedure:
1. Scrape the pulp from mangoes and puree in blender.
2. Add sugar and mango nectar, mix in blender.
3. Transfer the puree into a sauce pan (better if non-stick is used) and bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
4. Add the gelatine and dissolve it by stirring constantly. (some gelatine brands require that you soften it first in cold water)
5. Reduce the mixture until thick, just before the sugar caramelizes.







And here's the final product. :)























1 comment:

  1. Looks good! :)

    http://daphneglowsinthedark.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete